- Office relocation notice of Fukuoka regional immigration bureau
- Trusted Traveler Program (TTP) will start!
- Regarding a change from an Alien Registration Certificate to a Residence Card (announcement)
- Regarding notification of one’s place of residence and organization (announcement)
- 【ATTENTION】For those who call Information Center：Please DO NOT make wrong call!
- Points-based preferential immigration treatments for highly skilled foreign professionals
- Procedures for appearing at immigration office and declaration of charges – For foreign nationals who worry about their illegal stay –
- Guidelines on Special Permission to Stay in Japan
【Information related to the Great East Japan Earthquake】Information from the Immigration Bureau can be found on this dedicated webpage.
You may file a request with the Ministry of Justice for disclosure of your foreign resident registration ledger.
Explanations of the outline of the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act amended in 2014 (introduction of “Highly Skilled Professionals” status of residence and facilitation of landing examinations, etc.) are available here.
Whether you possess a re-entry permit or a special re-entry permit is clearly indicated upon your departure from Japan.
If you are recognized as a highly skilled foreign professional based on the points system, you are eligible for preferential immigration treatment.
The Immigration Bureau’s Electronic Notification System enables mid- and long-term residents to file notifications concerning the organizations with which they are affiliated via the Internet!
A new residency management system entered into effect on July 9, 2012. Click here for an outline of the new system and FAQs.
Rapid, smooth immigration procedures using automated gates
A list of offices for the provision of information and consultations concerning human trafficking and the Japanese government’s approach to protecting victims of human trafficking are available here.