||Application for Certificate of Eligibility
||Article 7-2, Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act
||Foreign national wishing to enter Japan (except for visiting Japan forTemporary Visitor)
|When to submit
||Applicant should submit necessary documents well in advance so that the applicant may receive the certificate before entering Japan.
|How to submit
||Applicant must fill in necessary application forms, make ready attached documents and submit a service counter at regional immigration office.
|Who may submit
- A staff member of organization that accepts the foreign national, or proxy decided by the Immigration Control Act Enforcement Regulations as shown in Table4.
- The following persons may complete the application procedure (submit the application form, etc.) in lieu of the applicant.
- * The legal representative of the applicant
- * A member of a public interest corporation whom the director of the regional immigration bureau deems to be appropriate (in cases pursuant to a request from the applicant or the legal representative of the applicant).
- * An attorney or administrative scrivener who has given notification, via the bar association or administrative scriveners' association to which he or she belongs, to the director of the regional immigration bureau which has jurisdiction over the area where such bar association or administrative scriveners' association is located (in cases pursuant to a request from the applicant or the legal representative of the applicant).
||Free of charge
- Application form 1copy
- Photo (4cm×3cm) 1copy
- * A photo that shows the applicant pictured alone.
- * The applicant should face squarely to the front and should remove any hats, caps or head coverings.
- * There should be a plain background with no shadows.
- * The photo must be sharp and clear.
- * The photo must have been taken within three months prior to submission.
- A return-mail envelope affixed with stamp(s) worth 392 yen (for the recorded delivery purpose)
- The supporting documents to be submitted on the occasion of application are shown in Table 3 1copy
(As applicant sometimes needs to submit document material(s) other than stipulated in the Immigration Control Act Enforcement Regulations, please refer to your regional immigration office or immigration information center.)
- A document that proves the status (if a legal representative or agent submits the application form on behalf of the applicant)
- In principle, documents and materials which have been submitted will Not be returned to you. If you have submitted any original copies of documents and materials, which would be difficult for you to re-obtain, and would like to have them returned to you, please notify us when you file your application.
- Application for Certificate of Eligibility
(Note 1) The immigration bureau accepts this format if you print it out on Japanese Industrial Standards A4 format.
(Note 2) You sometimes print it out on a smaller format than A4. To avoid it, please turn off "Shrink Oversized Pages to Paper Size (K)" in the print dialogue box.
- Letter of Guarantee [PDF]
|How to fill in, and example
||Refer to your regional immigration office or immigration information center.
|Where to submit
||The regional immigration office in charge of applicant's intended address or the location of organization that accepts the applicant (Refer to your regional immigration office or immigration information center.)
||9:00 to 12:00 and 13:00 to 16:00, weekdays (For more information on office hours or days of week for specific application procedures, refer to your regional immigration office or immigration information center.)
||Regional immigration office or immigration information center
||The activities to be engaged in while in Japan stated in the application must not be false, and must fall under one of the activities described in the right-hand column of Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act Annexed TableI (with respect to the activities described in the right-hand column of Annexed TableI (5) the proposed activities must be activities designated by the Minister of Justice in the Official Gazette), or the activities of a person with the civil status or position described in the right-hand column of Annexed TableII (the civil status or position in the right-hand column under "Permanent Resident" shall be excluded; with respect to the position specified under "Long-Term Resident", the proposed position must be one of the positions designated by the Minister of Justice in the Official Gazette), and shall fulfill with respect to those who intend to engage in the activities described in the right-hand column of Annexed TableI (2) and (4) the requirements provided for by a Ministry of Justice ordinance(Ministerial Ordinance to Provide for Criteria pursuant to Article 7,Paragraph 1 (2) of Immigration Control and Refugee RecognitionAct)
|Standard procedures duration
||A month to three months