||Application for Re-entry Permit
||Article 26, Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act
||foreign national who resides in Japan and wishes to leave Japan with an intension of re-entering Japan before his/her period of stay (or the period within which he/she is eligible to stay in cases where he/she has no fixed period of stay)
|When to submit
||Up until the applicant leaves Japan
|How to submit
||Applicant must fill in necessary application forms, make ready attached documents and submit a service counter at regional immigration office.
|Who may submit
- The following persons may complete the application procedure (submit the passport, residence card and application form, etc.) in lieu of the applicant.
- * The legal representative of the applicant
- * A member of staff of the accepting institution, etc. or of a public interest corporation whom the director of the regional immigration bureau deems to be appropriate (in cases pursuant to a request from the applicant or the legal representative of the applicant).
- * An attorney or administrative scrivener who has given notification, via the bar association or administrative scriveners' association to which he or she belongs, to the director of the regional immigration bureau which has jurisdiction over the area where such bar association or administrative scriveners' association is located (in cases pursuant to a request from the applicant or the legal representative of the applicant).
- * A relative of the applicant, a person living together with the applicant or an equivalent person, whom the director of the regional bureau deems respectively to be appropriate (in cases where the applicant is under the age of 16 years, suffers from an illness or owing to other grounds).
- * A travel agent whom the director of the regional immigration bureau deems to be appropriate (in cases pursuant to a request from the applicant or the legal representative of the applicant).
||3,000 yen for single permit or 6,000 yen for multiple permit (Payment must be made with revenue stamps)
- Application form 1copy
- Passport and residence card (or alien registration certificate deemed equivalent to a residence card)
- A document that proves the status (if a legal representative or agent submits the application form on behalf of the applicant)
- Application for Re-entry Permit [PDF] [EXCEL]
(Note 1) The immigration bureau accepts this format if you print it out on Japanese Industrial Standards A4 format.
(Note 2) You sometimes print it out on a smaller format than A4. To avoid it, please turn off "Shrink Oversized Pages to Paper Size (K)" in the print dialogue box.
|How to fill in, and example
||Refer to your regional immigration office or immigration information center.
|Where to submit
||The regional immigration office in charge of applicant's intended address (Refer to your regional immigration office or immigration information center.)
||9:00 to 12:00 and 13:00 to 16:00, weekdays (For more information on office hours or days of week for specific application procedures, refer to your regional immigration office or immigration information center.)
||Regional immigration office or immigration information center
- The applicant is not subject to the deportation procedures;
- The applicant is not apparently the one who completes the activities authorized under his/her residence of status or has no chance to continue his/her activities; or
- The applicant is not regarded as improper as re-entering Japan due to any other reason.
|Standard procedures duration
||On the day of application