||Application for Certificate of Authorized Employment
||Paragraph 19-2, Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act
||Foreign national who is authorized to work
|When to submit
||When the foreign national intends to receive the Certificate of Authorized Employment
|How to submit
||Applicant must fill in necessary application forms, make ready attached documents and submit a service counter at regional immigration office.
|Who may submit
- The following persons may complete the application procedure (submit the passport, residence card and application form, etc.) in lieu of the applicant.
- * The legal representative of the applicant
- * A member of staff of the accepting institution, etc. or of a public interest corporation whom the director of the regional immigration bureau deems to be appropriate (in cases pursuant to a request from the applicant or the legal representative of the applicant).
- * An attorney or administrative scrivener who has given notification, via the bar association or administrative scriveners' association to which he or she belongs, to the director of the regional immigration bureau which has jurisdiction over the area where such bar association or administrative scriveners' association is located (in cases pursuant to a request from the applicant or the legal representative of the applicant).
||900 yen for receiving the certificate (Payment must be made with revenue stamps)
- Application form 1copy
- The Certificate to Engage in Activity other than that Permitted under the Status of Residence Previously Granted (if the applicant has the certificate)
- Passport and residence card (or alien registration certificate deemed equivalent to a residence card)
- A document that proves the status (if a legal representative or agent submits the application form on behalf of the applicant)
|How to fill in, and example
||Refer to your regional immigration office or immigration information center.
|Where to submit
||The regional immigration office in charge of applicant's address (Refer to your regional immigration office or immigration information center.)
||9:00 to 12:00 and 13:00 to 16:00, weekdays (For more information on office hours or days of week for specific application procedures, refer to your regional immigration office or immigration information center.)
||Regional immigration office or immigration information center
|| The applicant has a status of residence that allows working as listed in Annexed Table I of the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act; the applicant is unauthorized to work but is permitted to engage in activity other than that permitted under the status of residence previously granted; or the applicant has a status of residence that provides no limitation on working.
|Standard procedures duration
||On the day of application