||Application for issuance of a residence card (an application by a person who does not possess an alien registration certificate at the time of the enforcement of the Act)
||Article 16, paragraph 1 of the Supplementary Provisions of the law for partial amendment to the Immigration Control and the Refugee Recognition Act and the Special Act on the Immigration Control of, Inter Alia, Those Who Have Lost Japanese Nationality Pursuant to the Treaty of Peace with Japan (hereinafter referred to as the “Amended Law”)
||A medium to long-term resident who does not possess an alien registration certificate at the time of the enforcement of the Revised Act (You will jump to the official website of the Immigration Bureau.)
|When to submit
||From July 9, 2012 to July 23, 2012 (or within 14 days of the first date of entrance that follows departure from Japan in the case of an applicant who is in Japan on July 9, 2012)
|Who may submit
- The applicant (except for those under the age of 16 years)
- A representative
- (1) A relative aged 16 or above living together with the applicant in cases where the applicant is under the age of 16 years (Note 1) suffers from an illness or is unable to apply for the residence card owing to other grounds
- (2) A relative aged 16 or above living together with the applicant, pursuant to a request of the applicant (Note 2)
- An agent
- (1) People mentioned below who have obtained the approval for activities as an agent for application from the director of the regional immigration bureau (pursuant to a request from the applicant)
- * A member of the staff of the institution that is operated by, or employs, the applicant
- * A member of the staff of the institution in which the applicant is being trained or educated
- * A member of the staff of the institution that supervises activities for assisting foreigners in acquiring skills, technique, or knowledge
- * A member of the staff of the public interest corporation designed to provide for the smooth acceptance of foreign nationals
- (2) An attorney or administrative scrivener who has given notification to the director of the regional immigration bureau (pursuant to a request from the applicant)
- (3) The legal representative of the applicant (except for the relatives living together as mentioned in paragraph 2 (1) above)
- (4) A relative of the applicant, a person living together with the applicant or an equivalent person, whom the director of the regional bureau deems to be appropriate (in cases where the applicant is under the age of 16 years, suffers from an illness, or owing to other grounds (Note 1))
(Note 1) In the event of “illness”, please bring the medical certificate, etc. as necessary material.
(Note 2) In the event of proxy by “request”, please bringa letter of proxy 【PDF】as necessary material.
|The recipient of a residence card
||Same as above
||No fees are required.
- Application form
- A photograph (Please submit a photograph meeting specifications mentioned below along with an application form, after writing your name on the back of the photograph)
※ You need not submit a photograph if you are under 16.
- The photograph shall be one in which only the applicant appears.
- The size of the photograph (excluding the margins) shall match the dimensions specified in the drawings above. (The size of the face shall be from the top of the head(including hair) to the tip of the chin.)
- The person in the photograph shall face the front, wearing no hat.
- No object (including a shadow) shall exist in the background.
- The photograph shall be clear.
- The photograph shall be taken no earlier than three months before submission.
- Please present a permit to engage in activity other than that permitted under the status of residence (only if you are given the permit).
- Please present your passport or certificate of status of residence
- The statement of reasons, if you cannot present your passport or certificate of status
- Please submit some documents certifying your identity (if you are an intermediary for an applicant who is submitting an application form).
※ Please submit the documents mentioned below, if the residence card is not issued on the date of application and will be received at a later date.
- The application acceptance vote
- The passport or certificate of status of residence
- Presentation of documents certifying your identity
||Application form for issuance of a residence card
(Note 1) You can print this form on a sheet of paper of Japanese Industrial Standards Size A4 before use.
(Note 2) The form may be printed out in a scaled-down version, so please uncheck the box “Scale down the page according to the size of paper (K)”in the Print dialogue box before printing out.
|Where to submit
||The Regional Immigration Office (or the Immigration Information Center) is in charge of your address (Please ask the Regional Immigration Office or the Immigration Information Center.)
||From 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. on business days (A specific day of the week or specific time zone may be spared for some procedures, so please ask the Regional Immigration Office or the Immigration Information Center.).
||The Regional Immigration Office or the Immigration Information Center
||To meet the requirements mentioned in paragraph 1, Article 16 of the Supplementary Provisions of the Revised Act.
|Standard procedures duration
||Will be issued on the same day in principle.