Specifications for photos to be submitted
Photos to be submitted for various applications should be as specified below.
Please also refer to the “Acceptable Photo Examples” and “Unacceptable Photo Examples” below to help ensure you submit a photo that meets the specifications.
- Dimensions of photo
4 centimeters high, 3 centimeters wide
- Photo of only the applicant
- Dimensions of parts excluding the edges satisfy the dimensions shown in the diagram to the left
(Dimensions of the face are from the top of the head [including the hair] to the tip of the chin.)
- Subject is facing forward and not wearing a hat
- Nothing in the background (including shadows)
- Photo is clear
- Photo must be one taken within three months of date of submission
- Applicant name must be written on the back of the photo
Acceptable Photo Examples
Satisfies all specifications - subject is easily identified.
Unacceptable Photo Examples
Photos that don’t satisfy given measurements or specifications
Face is angled to the side
Shadow in background
Body is angled
Photos in which part of the face is obscured
Glasses frame covers eyes
Glasses frame is exceedingly large
Lighting is reflected in glasses
Part of face is covered with a mask
Eyes are obscured by hair
Cloth wrapping creates a shadow on face
(Note) Head wrappings made of cloth, etc. are acceptable if the face is clearly visible.
Photos in which identification of the individual is difficult
Expression differs greatly from normal expression
Dark background color makes it difficult to determine outline
Not clear due to focus issue or vibration of camera
Shadow on face